SAVORY OATMEAL CROQUETTES with SESAME & AVOCADO SAUCE
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup milk or nut ‘milk’
- 2 eggs or melting cheese of your choice (i.e.aged mozzarella, asiago, gouda)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon marjoram or thyme, dried (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
- 2 tablespoons nama shoyu (soy sauce) or tamari
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado or olive oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons nama shoyu (soy sauce) or tamari
- Flesh of 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- Soak the rolled oats in milk for 2 hours or overnight
- Place the soaked oats in a medium bowl and use your fingers to mush them and form a dough-like consistency before adding all other ingredients.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine thoroughly. Form into croquettes, about 2-3 inches in diameter.
- Warm a little oil in a heavy bottom pan. Fry the croquettes at medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden all around. Serve with Sesame & Avocado Sauce.
- For Sesame & Avocado Sauce: Blend all sauce ingredients until smooth and serve with the oatmeal croquettes.